Day Camp - $195
WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
Camp Scully's Day Camp is the only American Camp Association accredited Day Camp in the Capital Region. A safe and high quality experience for your young child aged 5 to 11 years of age. Download a Registration Form. Our Early Bird Discount is valid if you register and pay before February 28th, where you will receive a reduced price of $180. We offer a wide range of activities outside in our forest and on our lake. Activities are tailored to the age of the children and supervised by high-quality role-models from across the United States and the World.
Interested in coming with a friend? Refer another family using this form.
WHAT IS THE COST?
Quality supervision with amazing memories costs: $195 per week including lunch.
That’s only $39 per day from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Early drop-off at 7:15 a.m. & late pick-up at 6 p.m. is available for an additional $25 for the entire week. (Go to the gym, get the grocery shopping done...pedicure perhaps?)
Call (518) 512-3577 to pay by credit card. Download a Registration Form.
WHAT ARE THE DATES & TIMES?
We run Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Each week has a special theme listed below.
- June 27 - July 1 - Week 1, Lights, Camera, Action.
- July 4 - July 8 - Week 2, Pirates of the Caribbean. - YES! We're open on July 4.
- July 11 - July 15 - Week 3, Wild, Wild West.
- July 18 - July 22 - Week 4, Around the World.
- July 25 - July 29 - Week 5, Color Wars.
- Aug 1 - Aug 5 - Week 6, Superheroes.
- Aug 8 - Aug 12 - Week 7, All Things Disney.
- Aug 15 - Aug 19 - Week 8, Weird Science.
WHAT ARE THE ACTIVITIES?
Campers are supervised at all times with a ratio of 1 staff member for every 6 campers, per American Camp Association standards. A variety of scheduled activities are offered including: Swimming (lessons available), archery, theme week specials, canoeing, arts and crafts, field games, cooking, drama, fort-building, BB Rifles (for older campers), sports, carnivals and much more. Here is an idea of the daily schedule for the day campers:
- 7:15am - 9:00am: Day campers will register/sign-in at the Day Camp Center keeping occupied with games, crafts, and other small activities.
- 9:00am-11:15am: Day campers will participate in one-hour scheduled activity periods with their day camp group and counselors: Canoeing, Swim Lessons, Arts & Crafts, Fort Building
- 11:15am - 12:00pm: Day Campers will eat lunch provided by camp in the dining hall with their day camp group and counselors.
- 12:45pm -1:45pm: Day campers will be on “rest hour” also known as “Siesta” located in their cabin. They will also visit the Snack Shack during this time.
- 1:50pm-2:50pm: Day campers will swim with their day camp group and counselors.
- 3:00pm-3:15pm: Day campers will eat snack provided by camp with group and counselors.
- 3:25pm-4:25pm: Day campers will participate in a one-hour scheduled activity period with day camp group and counselors. Cooking, Sports, Arts & Crafts e.t.c.
- 4:35pm-6:00pm: Day campers will gather near the Day Camp Center to play games and do other small-scale activities while waiting for parent/guardian to pick them up.
WHAT IS FOR LUNCH & SNACK
A cooked lunch will be provided at no extra charge made right on site by our cook. We follow USDA guidelines with all of our meals and ensure all children receive a nutritious and healthy snack in the afternoon. Here is our menu. Alternatives available at every lunch are breakfast cereal (usually cheerios and cornflakes) and peanut butter and jelly sandwich (it's actually soynut butter but we still call it peanut butter).
If you would like to pack your own lunch, you may certainly do so. All we ask is that your child eat their packed lunch if you pack it.
Of course the Snack Shack is available too, at rest hour. If you have questions about our menu please email us.
WHAT ABOUT HEALTH & WELLNESS?
A New York State licensed Registered Nurse (RN) is on duty 24/7 at Camp Scully. The nurse takes care of all medications and bumps and bruises. Rest assured, if anything happens to your child they will receive prompt and expert professional care and you will be contacted. You will need a completed Medical Form.